Lost Academy of Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Lost Academy, the free Harry Potter forum!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dancing with tears in my eyes

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lucinda Reffer
Second Year
Lucinda Reffer

Dancing with tears in my eyes Empty
PostSubject: Dancing with tears in my eyes   Dancing with tears in my eyes I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 7:19 pm

Lucinda's life is off task, she is partily planning to work in the real world the muggle world as a poet/author. She walked along aimlessly a notebook at hand. Bored out of her mind. Where did her best friend/cousin go!?!?
Back to top Go down
http://forevermewithalittlewierdness.tumblr.com/
Riley Carver
Second Year
Riley Carver

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with tears in my eyes   Dancing with tears in my eyes I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 7:46 pm

Riley is a special kind of person, one who knows when they are needed. It's unexplainable, just a rush you get inside, when you know someone out there is in trouble.. or lonely. Not everyone can sense these things, only a select few are able to. She hesitantly grabbed her broom, which she swung a leg onto. Her breath hitched as she floated up, and she sighed with relief. Riley lay across her broomstick, tightly gripping it's wood, and she was off. Off in search of who? you may ask. She hadn't the slightest idea, but the knot in her stomach tightened with each passing moment.

In a short while she was soaring across the tree-line, searching desperately for anyone, someone. Nobody was there. Riles gulped, and ducked down under the tree tops, scanning the shady paths that linked different sections of the forest. I close both locks below the window... Riley sailed through the air, sharply turning around a large oak.

I close both blinds and turn away..

She angrily forced her broom to go faster.

"Mommy, mommy! Look what daddy-"..

Sometimes solutions aren't so simple..

"Yeah, hahaa.." The woman turned around to catch a glimpse.

Her eyes were flashing in every direction, but everywhere she looked there was nothing. Nothing but trees, nothing but dreams. Everything seemed to stop here, and reality was paused, hidden under fantasies for the time being. A faint hum buzzed through the forest, somewhat calming the flustered girl.

Sometimes good-bye's the only way..

"Aren't you?" She chuckled...

Her head spun, and her sight was blurred by a cloud, no, a vision. No, she wasn't supposed to have these.. it wasn't.. it can't be..

And the sun will set for you...

"Daddy!" The girl squealed. Her father wrapped his arms around her mother's waist, embracing them both lovingly. The little girl's eyes glowed with happiness, and her ginger hair bounced as she wrapped her arms around her father's neck in a hurry. The wife giggled, burying her face in her daughter's hair.

The sun will set for you...

Riley caught a glimpse of Lucinda walking ahead of her, but darkness enclosed around the familiar girl's figure, and Riley's world was nothing but dark, empty, nothingness.

Last edited by Riley Carver on Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:17 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lucinda Reffer
Second Year
Lucinda Reffer

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with tears in my eyes   Dancing with tears in my eyes I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 7:47 pm

"Riles you're not okay I can tell..." She responded walking toward her.
Back to top Go down
Riley Carver
Second Year
Riley Carver

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with tears in my eyes   Dancing with tears in my eyes I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 11:53 pm

Her eyelashes fluttered, and the sing-song chime of her cousin's voice filled her ears. Riley strained to sit up, leaves crunching beneath her. Fall had set in not so long ago, and the vibrant colors had taken over the land. Her eyes met daylight, and she looked up at Lucinda.

"W-what the bloody heck.." she groaned, rubbing her knuckles against her now closed eyes. Her eyelids slipped back once more to reveal the blonde still hovering over her. Riley groggily rose to her feet, though almost falling back over in the process.

Her forehead practically had a heartbeat, and each thud was worse than the last. She glanced around her, and quickly spotted her broom. The blasted thing, it was a wonder it hadn't killed her yet.

"Lucinda.." she started, "what happened to me? I woke up with a throbbing headache, there's leaves and thorns on every part of me, and I can't seem to grasp that-..." Riley paused. She didn't really even understand what it was, a vision maybe? Heck, the girl could just be daydreaming. Would she have known if it was real? Her head swirled with a thousand questions, and she didn't seem to have an answer for any of them.

She let out an awkward puff of air, just trying to comprehend what it could have meant. Was it the future? No. Riley didn't see those types of things. Maybe it was what she wanted so desperately, a family. What with her mother, father, and two brothers dead, Aunt Josephine and Eric seemed to be her only family, aside from Lucinda.

"Luci, am I going crazy?" She asked. Her ginger locks swayed from side to side as she shook her head, "I mean, am I.. changing? I don't want to turn into something else, I'm afraid. I don't know what to do.." She mumbled, shifting her weight on each foot.

Last edited by Riley Carver on Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : failure. pure failure.)
Back to top Go down
Lucinda Reffer
Second Year
Lucinda Reffer

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with tears in my eyes   Dancing with tears in my eyes I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 9:44 am

"I can sense you are not going crazy yet, but something is going on with you, wanna talk about it?" She asked her. Playing with the inside lining of her jean pockets. "What were you thinking about, it was very hard to, like ya know, listen..."

Lucinda didn't have that much time, she was going apartment hunting on saturday and she wanted to get to Chicago quickly. She didn't tell anyone about her future plans not even Jeremy, which was very, annoying the two have grown apart so much she doesn't think that much that they are dating again.
Back to top Go down
Riley Carver
Second Year
Riley Carver

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with tears in my eyes   Dancing with tears in my eyes I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 1:32 pm

Riley shivered, shaking her head. "I don't even understand it, so I can't imagine how you could.." she mumbled. Was it a vision? No, Riley didn't get those. She wasn't psychic like her mother or cousin. Although when she was younger, she could guess the words someone was going to say right before they said them, and just about every time she got it spot on. It was unexplainable, Riley always thought she was this magical little girl who could guess people's words. She wondered how it was possible, was she psychic? Chills ran down her spine, and she pulled her jacket closer to her.

"Luci, I don't feel so well." She grumbled, looking behind her. What was she watching for?

"Can we get out of here?"
Back to top Go down
Lucinda Reffer
Second Year
Lucinda Reffer

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with tears in my eyes   Dancing with tears in my eyes I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 8:36 pm

"Riles you're looking pale," She mentioned putting a hand on her forehead. She was really cold.
Back to top Go down
Riley Carver
Second Year
Riley Carver

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with tears in my eyes   Dancing with tears in my eyes I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 8:45 pm

Riley gulped, and tightly grasped her jacket. "I'm fine. Really." She said, giving a fake smile to try to convince Lucinda she was all right. She honestly had no idea what was happening to her. Would she end up going mad? Her mother always was a bit crazy, but she never thought it would rub off on her. Had she always been so jumpy? So worried? Or maybe she's just on edge.

Riley heard the faint crack of a stick. Her eyes widened, and she tried to catch her breath, which came out in gasps.

"Lucinda can we please get out of here?!" She asked loudly, a lot louder than she meant to.

Every sound was louder, more painful, than the last. The slightest footstep pounded in her ears. What was she becoming?
Back to top Go down
Lucinda Reffer
Second Year
Lucinda Reffer

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with tears in my eyes   Dancing with tears in my eyes I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 8:51 pm

Lucinda took her sister's hand and they poofed to her new place. Her sister/bestfriend/cousin/thing looked like the devil was after her, jumpy scared, worried a nervous haze casted over her.

On the walls of the room they were in, lines of written poems and stories hung, it was her writing room, her pride and joy. Everything she wrote from the ages of 4-16 were up here and she looked at them for inspiration.

Dancing with tears in my eyes Tumblr_mkemmwOvuU1rvvmd7o1_250

Back to top Go down
Riley Carver
Second Year
Riley Carver

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with tears in my eyes   Dancing with tears in my eyes I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 9:12 pm

Riley woozily took a look at the room she was now in. Whenever her sister did that she felt like she was being squeezed into a garden hose.

"You know you could drive a car like most people." Riley mumbled, though grateful that she was far from wherever they were.

She stumbled, and quickly grabbed the nearest thing to stop herself from falling- a desk. Her world was shaky, everything was spinning, and the pounding in her skull made her want to rip her hair out.

"D-Do you think I could maybe have a glass of water?" She asked, trying to use her best manners even if she could hardly see the girl in front of her.

Last edited by Riley Carver on Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : A few typos. Okay a couple. No, a lot. Whatever.)
Back to top Go down
Lucinda Reffer
Second Year
Lucinda Reffer

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with tears in my eyes   Dancing with tears in my eyes I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 9:24 pm

"Dude, you know I wouldn't have fun."

A glass of water came into her hand and she handed it to Riley. "Wanna lay down?" She asked her.
Back to top Go down
Riley Carver
Second Year
Riley Carver

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with tears in my eyes   Dancing with tears in my eyes I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 9:28 pm

Riley nodded, one arm wrapped around her stomach, the other gripping the glass of water. She raised the clear glass to her lips, and the icy liquid trickled down her throat.

"Thanks.." She said quietly, offering a weak turn of her lips, which she hoped passed for a smile.
Back to top Go down
Lucinda Reffer
Second Year
Lucinda Reffer

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with tears in my eyes   Dancing with tears in my eyes I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 9:30 pm

"You need nutella.." She said popping a jar of nutella next to Riley.
Back to top Go down
Riley Carver
Second Year
Riley Carver

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with tears in my eyes   Dancing with tears in my eyes I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 9:31 pm

"Is that pudding?" Riley asked, and gently sat herself down on a small sofa. The sheet thrown over it felt cool against her skin, which made her feel slightly better. She took another gulp of water before placing the glass against her forehead.

She wished all the pain would just go away, but it's not that simple.
Back to top Go down
Lucinda Reffer
Second Year
Lucinda Reffer

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with tears in my eyes   Dancing with tears in my eyes I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 9:36 pm

"It tastes like pudding but it's thick like peanut butter..." She replied. She sat in the living room before saying. "You know this is half yours..." She smiled at her cousinfriend.
Back to top Go down
Riley Carver
Second Year
Riley Carver

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with tears in my eyes   Dancing with tears in my eyes I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 9:44 pm

Riley tried to imagine what that might taste like. The cracks of her mouth watered, and she wiped it away with her sleeve. "Sounds pretty good." She said, although she feared if she ate something she might not be able to keep it down. Her body wasn't usually this weak when she got sick. Maybe this wasn't just your average cold. Maybe it was something else.
Back to top Go down
Lucinda Reffer
Second Year
Lucinda Reffer

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with tears in my eyes   Dancing with tears in my eyes I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 9:55 pm

Lucinda looked at her. "Riles you look horible...you need something..."
Back to top Go down
Riley Carver
Second Year
Riley Carver

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with tears in my eyes   Dancing with tears in my eyes I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 10:03 pm

A faint black ring outlined Riley's gunmetal blue eyes. It had never been there before, but now a ring of darkness enclosed around the colored orbs.
"I can't take pills." She whispered. Noises, she couldn't take them anymore. Everything seemed as though it was a million times louder. Her ears rang, the pounding in her head only growing worse.

"Please just knock me out or something." She pleaded with teary eyes.

"I don't know what's happening."

She closed her eyes tightly, burying her face in the white sheet.
Back to top Go down
Lucinda Reffer
Second Year
Lucinda Reffer

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with tears in my eyes   Dancing with tears in my eyes I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 10:05 pm

Lucinda waved her hand trying to knock Riley out.
Back to top Go down
Riley Carver
Second Year
Riley Carver

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with tears in my eyes   Dancing with tears in my eyes I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 10:08 pm

Riley's body went numb, and she fell over onto the sofa. The girl did not stir, nor did she feel the pain. Her body was in shut-down mode. She only heard. She heard screaming, deep in her mind, she heard the crackling of a fire, the sound of footsteps. A snarl. Her world was taken over by darkness.
Back to top Go down
Lucinda Reffer
Second Year
Lucinda Reffer

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with tears in my eyes   Dancing with tears in my eyes I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 10:11 pm

Lucinda called Aunt Josephine. "Hello?"
Back to top Go down
Riley Carver
Second Year
Riley Carver

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with tears in my eyes   Dancing with tears in my eyes I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 11:43 pm

Aunt Josephine's Point of View

I jumped at the familiar ringing. The telephone hadn't rang in what seemed like months. I rushed into my kitchen and wrapped myself up in the curly cord. "Josephine Carver." I said cheerily. "May I ask who is calling?"

(OOC: I'll just have Riley passed out for a few minutes, xD. Think we can just change p.o.v's to Josephine? I think it will work, so yeah..)
Back to top Go down
Lucinda Reffer
Second Year
Lucinda Reffer

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with tears in my eyes   Dancing with tears in my eyes I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 11:48 pm

"LUCI!" She smiled. or tried to.

Back to top Go down
Riley Carver
Second Year
Riley Carver

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with tears in my eyes   Dancing with tears in my eyes I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 11:53 pm

Aunt Josephine's Point of View

"Lucinda?" I asked, a bit surprised that after so long I was speaking with her. "How are you darling? Is everything all right?" I could tell by her voice something was bugging her.

Riley's shoulder twitched, and her breathing quickened.
Back to top Go down
Lucinda Reffer
Second Year
Lucinda Reffer

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with tears in my eyes   Dancing with tears in my eyes I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 11:56 pm

"Riley's acting funny," She said as she thought for Josephine to appear. New skill. Like a boss. She saw Riley and thought.

Hurry Josephine!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with tears in my eyes   Dancing with tears in my eyes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dancing with tears in my eyes
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lost Academy of Magic :: Lost Academy of Magic :: Off-Campus/Weekends-
Jump to: