Lost Academy of Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Lost Academy, the free Harry Potter forum!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Charms Lesson One: All ages

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lydia Durnwald

Lydia Durnwald

Charms Lesson One: All ages Empty
PostSubject: Charms Lesson One: All ages   Charms Lesson One: All ages I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 11:55 am

Lydia walked in and looked around at them all.

"I'm taking suggestions; any Charms you're interested in learning? I want your opinions."
Back to top Go down
Riley Carver
Second Year
Riley Carver

PostSubject: Re: Charms Lesson One: All ages   Charms Lesson One: All ages I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 9:12 pm

"Uh... Maybe the Hover charm?"

Wing-gar-dium Levi-o-sa, She thought.

It reminded her very much of little pranks she'd pull on her cousin, making his hat float across the room during important times, so of course he'd have to go and retrieve it. But that was the olden days. Now it was time for Charms.

She straightened up, feeling more alert.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Birmingham
Second Year
Victoria Birmingham

PostSubject: Re: Charms Lesson One: All ages   Charms Lesson One: All ages I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 8:58 pm

"The Bubblehead Charm?"

Victoria asked.

She loved a good challenge, plus, being near the water.
Back to top Go down
Riley Carver
Second Year
Riley Carver

PostSubject: Re: Charms Lesson One: All ages   Charms Lesson One: All ages I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:05 pm

"Oh yeah, Why didn't I think of that?"

She smiled.

"I love water. Just the feeling.... Looking up at the sunlight...." Her voice trailed off.

"I say Victoria's got a great idea."
Back to top Go down
Lydia Durnwald

Lydia Durnwald

PostSubject: Re: Charms Lesson One: All ages   Charms Lesson One: All ages I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 10:50 am

The Head of Abgehenden smiled.

"Alright then. Well, let's get off to the lake, you lot!"

Back to top Go down
Victoria Birmingham
Second Year
Victoria Birmingham

PostSubject: Re: Charms Lesson One: All ages   Charms Lesson One: All ages I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 3:46 pm

Victoria grinned and jumped up and down.

"Ooh! COME ON RILEY!"
Back to top Go down
Riley Carver
Second Year
Riley Carver

PostSubject: Re: Charms Lesson One: All ages   Charms Lesson One: All ages I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 3:50 pm

Heck yeah!

Riley excitedly bolted over to Victoria.

"I feel like roundhouse kicking the door open.. No idea why."

"LETS GO!!!" She grinned and in her mind she was screaming and headbanging.

Sorry for party rocking.....

Last edited by Riley Carver on Fri May 18, 2012 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Victoria Birmingham
Second Year
Victoria Birmingham

PostSubject: Re: Charms Lesson One: All ages   Charms Lesson One: All ages I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 3:52 pm

"LMFAO!"

Victoria screamed, bolting out the door and sprinting down the the lake, screaming,

"PARTY ROCK IS IN DA HOUSE TONIGHT!"
Back to top Go down
Riley Carver
Second Year
Riley Carver

PostSubject: Re: Charms Lesson One: All ages   Charms Lesson One: All ages I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 3:57 pm

"Pfft, haha."

Riley ran after Victoria and made a line of cartwheels down to the lakeshore.

"Mmm... you smell that? That smell of.... FREEDOM!" She threw her hands up in the air and then crled one leg around, spinning herself to face Victoria.

"Aren't you just so tempted to dive in? I know i am."
Back to top Go down
Victoria Birmingham
Second Year
Victoria Birmingham

PostSubject: Re: Charms Lesson One: All ages   Charms Lesson One: All ages I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 3:59 pm

"Freedom....GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!"

Victoria screamed, fist pumping the air, then glancing at the Professor.

"Oh........sorry..."

she said in a small voice.
Back to top Go down
Riley Carver
Second Year
Riley Carver

PostSubject: Re: Charms Lesson One: All ages   Charms Lesson One: All ages I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 8:30 pm

"Where did that come from....?"

Riley sat down and waited for god knows what.
Back to top Go down
traceybraden

traceybraden

PostSubject: GED vs High School Diploma   Charms Lesson One: All ages I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 4:06 am

High School Diploma

High School Diplomas are generally considered more desirable for one entering the work force or hoping to pursue a higher education. About.com notes that employees with diplomas generally earn significantly more than those without. Students who hope to advance may be required to pursue additional training. Similarly, most students admitted to college have earned their high school diploma, although this does not guarantee acceptance. Coursework, grade point average and extracurricular activities will be important factors during the admissions process.

GED

Only students who are neither enrolled in nor have completed high school are permitted to take the GED exams. One must also be over the age of 18 and meet other state requirements. The GED certificate is awarded to anyone who passes a series of tests in five academic subjects, scoring higher than 60% of a sample set of graduating seniors. Because one will be tested on a few years worth of knowledge in just one short day, students often spend a great deal of time studying. Many need to take preparation courses, but no courses of any sort are mandatory.

As mentioned above, the GED is often considered less desirable for those hoping to attend college. About.com notes that while the majority of employers hiring for entry-level positions consider GED certificates as comparable to actual diplomas, some may consider the GED to be inferior. If a student continues on to college, however, one typically does not consider which one has earned. On this note, most community colleges admit students who have earned a GED, but individual universities set their own policies. Some do not view GEDs as equivalent to Diplomas, particularly if these colleges require specialized courses of study for admission.

GED vs High School Diploma.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stanleyhighschool.com/
Lydia Durnwald

Lydia Durnwald

PostSubject: Re: Charms Lesson One: All ages   Charms Lesson One: All ages I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 10:17 am

///OOC: traceybraden, please read what Professor Wolff wrote: https://lostacademyofmagic.rpg-board.net/t47-why-choose-online-high-school-classes-and-get-ged-from-home#394 ///

"Alright," Lydia said as she reached the grounds. "The Bubblehead charm is fairly advanced. For example."

Lydia grinned at them and dove underwater. Seconds later a bubble surrounded her head, allowing her to breathe. She waved at the kids.
Back to top Go down
Riley Carver
Second Year
Riley Carver

PostSubject: Re: Charms Lesson One: All ages   Charms Lesson One: All ages I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 10:20 am

//OOC: Stupid Advertisements...//

Riley watched the professor dive into the water then return with a bubble around her.

Alright, seems simple enough. She thought, waving back at Professor Durnwald.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charms Lesson One: All ages   Charms Lesson One: All ages I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Charms Lesson One: All ages
Page 1 of 1